Thursday 18 February 2010

Director's Seminar

Everything I know about film, I’ve learned from interviewing brilliant filmmakers: all of whom have graciously let me bore them with my questions while maintaining the illusion of freestyle conversation. And for that I'm truly grateful. As it turns out, filmmakers learn from each other too. In this month’s Dazed & Confused OUT TODAY! I get a unique opportunity to step aside and disappear, playing puppet-master to two very visionary (and very hot) directors, Cary Fukunaga and Alfonso Cuaron, as they talk music, Kubrick, manipulation and conceptual dogma.

* Test Spread: Double Click for Full Size *

* FULL INTERVIEW TO BE UPLOADED HERE SOON! *

Also in this month’s Dazed: Cut & Wrapped leads with my piece on 28-year-old French filmmaker Mia Hansen-Love. Her second feature Father of My Children caused a storm at London Film Festival and won the Special Jury Prize at Cannes last year. I found the film quite hard work at first. But Mia – who was 5 months pregnant when we met – turned out to be really cool. She taught me loads just by being herself: radiant, earnest and full of passion, she had a sort of luminous aura that really took me by surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment